gmstrack's avatar

Fleur de Rocaille by Caron

Before writing this review, I mistook Fleur de Rocaille (1993) for FleurS de Rocaille (1933) by Caron. After some research, I realized that Iíve yet to sniff the 1933 fragrance and based on the note descriptions, the two fragrances differ quite a bit. Here are is my impression of Fleur de Rocaille:

The opening is loaded with sweet floral and a touch of aldehydes. For flowers, Iím picking up lilac and maybe jasmine, but the effect is simultaneously muted and abrasive; this is a jagged, airbrushed bouquet found on greeting cards from the 1990s. The aldehydes are not very pronounced, but there is something off-putting lurking in the composition that reminds me of hairspray. Development on the skin is linear, so in this case, time isnít a problem solver. In spite of my disappointment, I still want to try FleurS de Rocaille; hopefully, I will not mistake that one for hair product.

01st January, 2013