Quarry's avatar
    Quarry

L'Heure de Nuit by Guerlain

I'd rather the pretty cerulean blue had been lavished on the ribbon, stopper, label and atomiser than the juice. Blue liquid looks gimmicky. We know the bulb atomizer is best only for show as well, since these tend to allow evaporation.

I sprayed this on paper last night and was repeatedly drawn to it. Heliotrope? No, amaretto. Yum. This afternoon I applied it to skin, and itís really small in radiance. I get a hint of a medicinal note in addition to almond. I was reminded of Guerlain Bois díArmenie. Donít have any of that around for comparison. Perhaps someone else can comment on that.

I like LíHeure de Nuit most on paper, when it smells like amaretto and vanilla. I prefer LíHeure Bleue on skin for its unique qualities and respectable throw.

08 January, 2013