Aiona's avatar

White Sea by Martine Micallef

This scent is discontinued. Just a warning, in case you don't like to try discontinued scents for fear of falling in love with something that will not be made ever again. (But then what's the use of ever falling in love, right?) But even if you like it, be aware it is somewhat similar to Creed's Love in Black. Why? It's got orris (iris root).

Unlike Love in Black, White Sea does not open like turpentine. In fact, with top notes listed as citrus, I don't smell the citrus, but I'm sampling a decant, so the top notes may have blown off. What I do smell is the dark, round nuttiness of orris root.

Longevity is pretty good. I sprayed this morning, one spray, and it's over 12 hours later and I can still smell it, although through most of the afternoon it was very patchouli. As it wears off, I can smell mostly amber and musk is the only thing lingering. Maybe a little nutmeg. :)

Does it remind me of the sea? Not really. But then, I haven't been to Russia's White Sea, which is supposedly this perfume's inspiration.

09th January, 2013