dvdlpznyc's avatar

Oud 27 by Le Labo

As a fragrance, it's nice, but expensive. It is, after all, an expensive brand. However, as an Oud, it's neither here nor there. It just does not stand out. It doesn't smell like cheap, synthetic, rubber "Oud." Definitely a good thing. But it also doesn't provide the sensory overload that I crave from actual Oud.The civet is fine, but does not last long enough and is not prominent enough. Of course, some qualities which are negative to me will be attractive to others and some qualities which are positive to me will be unattractive to others. If you're looking for a Monster--as I was--you will instead find a tamed house-cat. If you're seeking an Ascending Lark, you will instead find a filthy big city pigeon. Overall, I sincerely feel this fragrance is neither here nor there. Is not distinctive. It smells nice, but that's just not enough. From this brand, I prefer Labdanum 18.

19th December, 2012 (Last Edited: 11th January, 2013)