OCNBreeze7's avatar

The One Sport by Dolce & Gabbana

The One Sport.. I love to play..!!

Guys - the relatively new fragrance by Dolce is fantastic..!! The One Sport opens with aquatic and citrus notes then settles down with notes of floral, musk, powder, and spice - Nice blend of notes that is easy on the nose.. Well done Dolce and Gabbana..!!

All of you know I am a fan of the aquatic citrus fragrances - having said this, I believe One Sport offers great flexibility and versatility that it can be worn during any season, for any occasion, and day or night... Probably marketed more for the younger crowd - but us 40+ old guys that can't let go of our 30s (and 20s) can wear this too..!! We have all the money (and the women)..!!

Today was actually my first day wearing the scent and a (female) co-worker after walking in my office says, "gee, it smells great in here..!!" I responded with - "it is probably the air freshener over on the credenza", but no - it turns out it was me and One Sport. The bizarre thing is - I had given up on the fragrance still being detectable some two hours earlier. It was still working and The Wow Factor made its presence known.. It has potential..!! I would prefer the projection and sillage to be better, but it is average as well as the longevity. Sure, there are better performers out there, but this juice is good...

The bottle and packaging are first class - no surprises from Dolce.. I am especially fond of the clear bottle and clarity of the juice - nicely done..

The pricing and value could be better... Yes, the price is dropping and you are buying a (great) Dolce fragrance, but I have been spoiled with buying fragrances at a discount.. Yes, I may have the money, but do enjoy that good buy at a "sale price"...

All things considered, I give One Sport 4.2 stars out of 5 stars. The fragrance is pleasant and you will like it immediately. While it has potential Wow Factor, it is early or shortly after the initial application. Great juice, but needs just a little more longevity/projection/sillage for the money. If the price continues falling, perhaps to below $50.00, definitely buy.. Imagine and Dream..!!

12 January, 2013