Jer's avatar

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

The correct pronunciation is case anyone was wondering is either (tare-dimay) or (tare-dimez). Over many years I have tried virtually every cologne starting with Old Spice, English Leather, and even the very cheap Jade East. The sense of smell has always been my favorite of the five senses so my attraction for fragrances began early as a teenager.

Unlike many of the posts here I have always tried to find that one "perfect" scent I could wear as my signature scent. I did not try to collect a bunch of bottles to be able to wear a different fragrance to suit my mood or occasion so-to-speak. I would enjoy a scent and eventually either become bored with it or find some new scent that I had to have.

Terre D'Hermes is my final stop because it has all the elements I desire in a fragrance: it's masculine, refined, potent, long-lasting, and attractive to those who come close. And it encompasses the ingredients I like such as a nice blend of a citrus accord and a woody-cedar finish. I do also love oriental notes though this does not possess that of course. I also like the fact that it is not sold in just any department store and that it is relatively expensive making it more exclusive. Although it is an "earthy" fragrance, when I first smelled a sample in a magazine my first impression was that of a well-dressed gentleman wearing a Rolex watch getting into a Jaguar. It has a pleasant high quality feel to it.

09 February, 2013