arindam43's avatar

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I'll never forget the first time I sampled this at Neiman's - the colognes I'd been using/sampling before were in the "Chrome/Curve/ADG" class and generally topped out at "well, that smells nice, I guess", and I was immensely skeptical that any fragrance could be worth the frankly ridiculous prices that Creeds and other high end frags go for. However, a spritz on the wrist, a sniff, and....I don't there are really words for what I felt. It hooked me so strongly right from the first spray that I didn't even bother sampling anything else for fear of ruining it, and spent the whole evening sniffing my wrist every 15 minutes, looking like a complete idiot (but I'd still do it again!).

A few months later, after biting the bullet and purchasing a bottle, I can confidently say that GIT has been worth every penny and then some. There's not much that hasn't been said in terms of how GIT smells - fresh, green, clean, crisp, and any other number of similar adjectives which are all accurate but don't remotely add up to describing the final product. It really is too layered and complex for words like "green" and "fresh" to capture the essence of how it smells. All I can say is find your nearest Neiman's/Saks and try it out yourself!

Projection is great - my coworkers have noticed this fragrance on multiple occasions, and I work in an environment which sometimes reaches hundreds of people in reasonably close proximity and god knows how many competing smells. I don't what is considered good longevity, but I still get traces of this 6-7 hours later, which is good enough for me.

I've sampled many of the other well known Creeds - Aventus is a close second and probably better if you want compliments - and started branching out into other famous/well-known niche fragrance designers, but to date nothing has managed to knock my socks off and bedazzle me in quite the way that GIT did my first time around (and still continues to do!). If I had one complaint, it would be that the atomizer sprays way too much fragrance with a full depression - as much as I'd like to go with the "more is better" approach, I think half-sprays per body region (wrist/neck/chest/etc.) are better, both for saving the juice and to avoid overdoing things.

10/10, 5 stars, A+, an absolute keeper in my book!

22 February, 2013 (Last Edited: 25 February, 2013)