flathorn's avatar
    flathorn

Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather by Heeley

A gorgeous leather, stunning in its true-to-life visceralness. The compelling smell of the inside of a leather handbag imbued with floral perfume, this fragrance is very present, sensuous, tactile, and immediate. It keeps me totally in my body.
    The refined leather with soft deep violet and light, glad mimosa are a sophisticated blend. It just doesn't seem to make a wrong move anywhere and feels like an instant classic. It has no sense of histrionics, no over-striving, no statement, which to my nose is what ultimately sets the best perfumes apart - their sure sense of themselves, and that resonates strongly in Cuir Pleine Fleur. Its sensuous sophistication is infinitely satisfying.
    I love leathers, and this is what I've always wanted mine to smell like. It has eclipsed my other favorites. When a person is dating, one is open to many different people and experiences, and appreciates the distinctions between them, liking one person for this quality, another for a different one. But when you fall in love, all those smaller likes and pleasures totally disappear in the face of it. That is what happened to me with this one.

31st March, 2013 (Last Edited: 01st April, 2013)