gmstrack's avatar
    gmstrack

Musc Nomade by Annick Goutal

This is a sad, sad day. After a long day at work, I arrived at home to find a delivered package containing Musc Nomade and Ambre Fetiche. With a wagging tail I tore open the package and eagerly applied Musc Nomade to my wrist and started huffing away. Snort. Snort. WTF? Snort. Oh no. I am not able to smell parts of this composition. The musc note is incredibly faint and I think Iím detecting ambrette, but otherwise only pale amber with a touch of chicken soup fades in and out. As such, I will refrain from rating Musc Nomade because, sob, I just canít smell it! Take my advice: do not blind buy Musc Nomade!!!!

Next day edit: OK, this is completely perplexing, but now I think I can smell the composition. The musc is almost a texture, not a discernable note. Iím finding the MN experience very subtle and almost spooky. Itís like the ghost of someoneís flesh lingers in the air, but it is difficult to really describe what that flesh smells like; itís sort of like a faded memory that keeps snuggling with you. This is hands down the creepiest review Iíve written and Iím going to stop typing now.

Two days later: Yes, I can definately smell blackberry-musc accord, but the problem is that I need to dump half the bottle on my head to detect the whole composition.

Final verdict: MN is a unique, comforting musc with an almost haunting beauty. It is, however, wimpy beyond belief.

07 April, 2013