MikeDropIt's avatar

Sweden Sweden

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme by Guerlain

Green notes (mostly patch) covered in dry cacao powder. Dry as f**k in the opening and throughout. If it wasn't for the green notes (that I personally dislike in every fragrance) it would have been a winner in my book. The cacao powder note is done just beautifully. It feels cold in a weird but totally comfortable way. I'm not getting any sweetness what so ever from this, which also is something negative to me since I love sweet fragrances. It basically smells like cacao found in a forest. Perfectly suitable for men over 30! :)

The projection is really good for the first couple of hours before it slowly draws it self back to the skin. Longevity however is superb! 12+ hours easily.

You can tell by the smell that this is quality juice, it's just not for me. And for all of those that classify this as a gourmand... I personally don't think it is. Sure, it smells like cacao, but that's it. And the comparison between this and DHI is beyond me! They're nothing alike what so ever.

With that said, I give it a neutral rating. Excellent projection and longevity, mature smelling, natural smelling, gorgeous bottle, and it's a quality fragrance overall that I always will respect. It's pretty cheap for what is it IMO (around 75$), but it's just not for me. :)

10th April, 2013