Davo's avatar
    Davo

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

I have to say, I think this is a case of knowing too much counting against you. It is the ultimate irony of becoming knowledgeable about anything; as soon as you do, you require more and more extreme versions of that thing to satisfy your knowledge and nothing other than the extraordinary can satisfy your craving.

I have to confess, I am not a perfume afficionado. But you know what, that doesn't matter. Because in the end, all fragrances are made to fulfill a purpose, and each will be received differently by every person. That is what makes them beautiful and unique. One man's perfection is another's poison.

For me, Bleu fulfills a specific purpose. It is beautifully fresh and summery and now the days are warming up for spring it evokes the type of scent you experience with daffodils springing up all over the place. It is light and breezy, and I wear it for the office where I do not want to be known as "aftershave dude". From starting to wear this EDT I received three compliments within 12 hours; one from my wife, one from a store assistant, and one from a colleague. For those who have not ruined their own sense of enjoyment of scents by becoming knowledgeable (through no fault of their own), and for those who just buy those smellies that they like to smell like, I say buy this and enjoy it without fear. You will smell great and enjoy every minute of it.

12 April, 2013