noirwest's avatar

Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart

Guess it had to happen since so far everything I've tried from the house of Bogart has ranged from the merely good to downright superb - at some point they had to let me down. Looking at the pyramid you can erase the top notes entirely, never got a whiff of either, incense? Erm, no. not a single wisp of the smokey stuff on me. Drop to the basenotes and cut away all but the thinnest hint of vanilla and what you have left is a big ass synthetic floral mess jammed up both nostrils by the pink nailed fists of a pack of teenage girls drenched in whatever Britney, JLo or Taylor is shilling at KMart this week. Unisex? Are you kidding me? Coco Chanel's great grandmother would have taken a pass on it and now I'm going to go splash some gas on me to get this off.

13th April, 2013