Buzzlepuff's avatar

Vici by Histoires de Parfums

This is the final aspect of Historie de Parfums trilogy of Veni, Vidi, Vici of the phrase displayed on Ceasars banner, "I came, I saw, I conquered". Unfortunately for me the phrase should read, "I came, I saw, I got lost on the way home". Vici represents fire to Gerald Ghislan and does result in a pleasant warm woods fragrance. I enjoy wearing it, but I have a hard time talking about what it really smells like. It is just too subtle and complex to be appreciated fully.

The notes listed are: Top Note: angelical roots, cardamom, pink peppercorns, basil, galbanum, aldehyde;
    Heart Note: rustic lavender effects, céleri graine, iris concrete, osmanthus absolute essence incense;
    Base Note: patchouli oil, musk, vanilla, cedar, raspberry.

I can smell the raspberry and the warm osmanthus. Otherwise I smell warm generalized mix of woods and spices. Cardamom, Pink Pepper - OK. But, there is not easy way to identify what VICI stands for or really smells like. I get lost whenever I try to pin down what this scent really is. It smells good. A warm sueded woods scent that has a raspberry aura.

If I didn't really enjoy the scent I would give it thumbs down, but rate it very neutral, 2 of 5 stars, simply due to its inconclusive resolution. What does Vici stand for? I don't really know. I think Ceasar got lost on his way home with this one.

29th April, 2013