Buzzlepuff's avatar

Veni by Histoires de Parfums

Historie de Parfums Veni is the first perfume of the trilogy of shiny golden bottled "Edition Rare" series named Veni / Vidi / Vici. In his poetic interpretation of the Cesearian quote, "I came, I saw, I conquered", Gerald Ghislan interprets Veni to represent of the "earth", while Vidi correlates to "wind", and Vici represents "fire". Poetic license at its best, I suppose. The relabeling of this phrase with elements of the earth works for Mr. Ghislan's explanation of the fragrances in an odd way. I don't personally think that the explanation helps understanding the fragrances and is confusing more than helpful because the association with the explanation doesn't really fit, but that is another story altogether. Today I wish to review the perfume and fragrance of Historie de Parfums Veni.

Veni opens with and is fundamentally lavender. Reminds me of many lavender fragrances I've smelled over the years. Like all of the "Edition Rare" trio of fragrances there is a complex blending of precious spice, resins, and floral essences that make a lightly toned incense floral blend that glows with resinous complexities that are finely honed and fit the golden bottles very nicely. Veni reveals its lavender character immediately upon application and that fresh green slightly floral lavender is very wonderful to me - as are most lavender scents - it is a wonderful healing herbal aroma. Lavender blends seamlessly with cardamom and cinnamon for a lightly spiced fine woods view of lavender. The middle notes merge lavender with guaiac wood, saffron and carnation for a lightly toned sueded woods scent which is followed by a transparent and invisible patchouli, amber and musk base. The entire fragrance is seamless and moderately high pitched. The ingredients smell as if they were polished with ever finer gradients of polishing materials until an extremely refined lavender polished resin wood finish glows with a soft luster.

3 of 5 stars. I like it more than TF Lavender Palms but not quite as much as SL Encens Lavande or Invasion Barbare, in my world of lavender wood and incense fragrances. Thumbs up!

29th April, 2013