loungeboy's avatar

Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur

This is one fragrance that has won me over in a big way. My initial impression of it wasn't that great. I smelled patchouli burnished with a rosey glow which was nice enough but hardly anything mesmerizing. Yet I kept trying the scent and found that the smell of the earthy patchouli was really very comforting. It really was begining to remind me trips to the nursery and cultivating roses. Wearing it one sultry weekend, really helped me find the "boozy" quality of the plums and sweetness of the roses that can be found here. Now I truly love the way this smells. I guess this is really all about perception because without knowing a single thing about this fragrance my SO says I smell "like tea" when I wear it. And he is right! It is another perfectly valid interpretation. I think if you dislike patchouli, this scent won't go about changing your mind but if all the "buzz" has caught your interest you owe it to yourself to give it a shot.

15 January, 2006