narcus's avatar

Switzerland Switzerland

Drakkar by Guy Laroche

Drakkar (1972) is much like Drakkar Noir (1982) minus the extra kicks from Coriander, Juniper and some pine, I find. Although the pyramids made me expect something very different, this smells like the younger(!)brother of DN. I do not get the fresh start with such aplomb as I am used to from DN, or YSL Pour Homme, and also the dry down is mellower than it is with DN, and yet it lasts about the same five hours! I do not know why it reminds me of the tender Old Spice Lime which has been missed for years. I had to buy Drakkar blind as you can imagine with a scent that is so hard to come by nowadays. Even the more am I happy with what I received in perfect condition.
    I realize I would have praised DN just the same had it been unknown and hard to get until now!

12 May, 2007