paloma54's avatar

Cabriole by Elizabeth Arden

For some reason, Cabriole (Elizabeth Arden 1977)smells so very very familiar to me, and I'm wondering if perhaps my mother may have had a bottle once. It is just absolutely gorgeous, and is what I'd call a really WOMANLY perfume, not old-ladyish, but like an elegant and voluptuous woman. It is a sweet floral, primarily rosey, but it opens with the tanginess of raspberry and galbanum. Soon afterward, you smell the opulent floralcy, but through a veil of honeyed other florals, including the faintest hint of carnation. The floral heart is well supported by the basenotes, which are powdery and strong enough to hold on to the heart without asserting themselves strongly. Once in awhile, the cedarwood contributes a slight ashiness to the powdery base, but this is always the tendency on my skin for any cedarwood. On most people, this ashiness doesn't seem to occur, so I'd go ahead and recommend Cabriole highly!

27th October, 2005