scentimus's avatar

Bel Ami by Hermès

What a beautiful scent. A nice Chypre/Floral/Leather scent is nothing like Anteaus very very different the leather notes are so nicely soften.
    The scent does NOT have the lethal edge that Anteaus which can hit you over the head like a bat. The scent is very subtle stays close to the skin. It is unique how the leather is blended with smokey like notes not a heavy notes but you can smell it in the background which reminds me of oak leafs being raked and burned on cool crisp autumn day.
    A very classy scent and I am totally glad to have added this to my collection. Just a while ago I smelled from the bottle big mistake, I'm sure this is what turned me off to it years ago you need to smell this one on the skin.
    The scent is so subtle that it is wearable for both dress and casual in cool fall weather. The bottle I received from Scentiments is fresh stock, I can tell by the box.

10th September, 2002