PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

Ambre Précieux by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

In a way totally flawless fragrance. Perfectly blended, simple and sensual scent with very casual feel to it. Could easily be worn anytime, anywhere. Its not stunningly strong, but it leaves a notable sillage. Great lasting power.

I have couple of “problems” with this one, though.

First; it isn’t nearly as captivating or mysterious as the two best ambers I have worn – Ambre Russe and Ambre Sultan. (Russe especially)
    It just doesn’t glue my nose to my wrist…its just *nice*. In other words I could probably say that AP is quite much outclassed.

Secondly, I personally don’t care for the vanillic powdery base at all in this. Its somewhat very disappointing development, because while I don’t hold anything against powdery vanilla in itself, with AP I would have liked to smell something more resinous, balsamic sweet, smoky and salty in the base.

MPG`s ultra rare creation Soir d` Orient is composed upon this fragrance. That one is about three hours one of the best smelling perfumes ever made, but then what is left is an identical sweet and fragile vanilla powder with amber. In that case the projection is even much more disappointing.

But yes, like I said AP is basically speaking a wonderful scent, and I don’t wonder why it have so many loyal fans.
    Its just not for me. I prefer ambers with “salt crystals” instead of “dusted sugar”.

03 February, 2009