rach2jlc's avatar

White Tuberose by Anthousa

I'm already a huge fan of Fig & Vetiver, so I was excited to try this one as well and was far from disappointed. This one is quite floral, but not too delicate. All of Anthousa's scents have a certain warm creaminess about them that keeps them from being too light, too playful, or too fleeting.

There is definitely tuberose in this one, but not so much that you get nothing else. I also get some neroli and definitely some white musk.

Overall, it actually reminds me a good deal of Bond no. 9's "Fire Island," though perhaps a little less suntan lotion and a little more floral.

I'd say it is definitely best for spring /summer, but the woods and musk in the base also give it some oomph in the wintertime (it's quite cold today as I'm wearing it and it still works).

I'd still recommend Fig&Vetiver first, but for tuberose or white musk fans, this one is a must.

18 November, 2007