robyogi's avatar

Méchant Loup by L'Artisan Parfumeur

This is a very intriguing scent. Right from the start it is somehow both entirely new and interesting, and completely familiar and boring. I've gone back and forth over whether it keeps my interest or not, and every time I have decided that it bores me, I get a whiff of something that pulls me back in. It's woodsy, earthy, sweet. It definitely has a strong note of hazelnut, in fact, on me the hazelnut is almost a dominant note. It does remind me of a forest, as many have pointed out. It's got an earthy sweetness to it, a little bit musky, but mostly earthy woods. I don't get the animal fur scent at all. Smelling this does bring to mind a fairy tale place where the big bad wolf would live...very cool effect. It's rich without being heavy or swampy. It's warm without being overly dark. I would even try this in the summer, though it seems better suited to the winter. The only downsides: it wears very close to my skin and does not last long at all.

01st March, 2006