robyogi's avatar

Premier Figuier Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I must admit, I had incorrectly assumed this would be the fig version of Mure et Musc Extreme, and so had avoided trying it for a while. It's not really that. Noseorgy's review is on the mark. It's warm and earthy, while also having a green quality to it. It's very similar to the non-Extreme version, though this Extreme version is a little plumper, rounder, sweeter, earthier, and less green; it's also more masculine in my opinion because it's less perfumey. I don't know that it smells like figs, because as I think about it, I don't think that figs have a smell, at least not the fruit that we eat. It is milky, sweet, woody, earthy, and ever-so-slightly green all at the same time. I don't detect a whole lot of development, rather a linear fading away. It also has some similarities to Navegar, which were totally unexpected: woody, slightly green, very natural. I like it, but maybe not enough to buy a bottle. Time will tell.

09 September, 2006