Tovah's avatar

Musc Botanique by Strange Invisible Perfumes

I love Musc Botanique. It's one of those rare fragrances that makes me feel like I'm radiating a magical glow. It goes beyond wearing a nice scent, to causing a chemical reaction that elevates my imagination; maybe it stimulates dopamine... It simply smells beautiful. I love, love musk, but I'm picky about my musks, and this is one of my favorites. Maybe even my favorite. Fresh, yet warm, sexy, not sweaty, gentle, and unisex; and best of all it's got je ne sais quoi that all SIP fragrances possess. The SIP "Guerlainade", I suppose, and I've come to adore it. Strange Invisible Perfumes continue to intrique me, because they always wind up being "more" than I could ever expect. Upon application of several of these concoctions, initially I've thought, "Who would WEAR this?"; only to find myself mesmerized within minutes. Strange Invisible Perfumes are esoteric, which, for me, makes them special. They demand that you analyze them, experience them, and feel them. You cannot apply them as an afterthought as you're running out the door...If you try, within a couple of minutes, you'll find yourself stunned into motionlessness, while you're transported into an olfactory vortex. Next thing you know, you'll be writing a rambling, somewhat incoherent review on Basenotes, because you want everyone who cares to know how incredible you smell. How deeply you're affected. So, again, I really love Musc Botanique. Try it, if you like vortexes. But don't say I didn't warn you. (And, if you're really, really brave, do try Magazine Street and Narcotic. You'll never be the same.) There are still many fragrance lovers who haven't experienced the amazing perfumes being created by natural perfumers. If you're one of us life-as-olfactory-experience people, order samples from Ayala Moriel and Strange Invisible Perfumes right now. Now. (I'm not affiliated with either company, but, for purely personal reasons, I hope to smell more of both lines, everywhere.) I don't remember where I was supposed to be running off to today, but I have a feeling I'll wind up in Venice, at Strange Invisible Perfumes!

06th August, 2009