Tovah's avatar

Nani by Saffron James Parfums

I was at Apothia the day the lovely Katherine Growney launched Nani. After one sniff I was in love, and I purchased a bottle on the spot. I've always been entranced by the fragrance of jasmine, so I grow several varieties in my garden. My favorite scent of warm summer evenings is that of "jasminum sambac", which is called "Arabian Jasmine" here in California, and "Pikake" in Hawaii. Before my introduction to Nani, I hadn't found a jasmine fragrance that truly captured the intoxicating beauty of the flower's aroma, and smelled good on me. Nani has several layers of moods, and extremely good lasting power. It begins as a fresh, sunny, sweet jasmine, evoking a fresh new lei on a warm morning. As the fragrance develops, it gets headier, and muskier. Eventually Nani becomes the scent of the lei that you've worn throughout the day. As the moon illuminates the white flowers, you place the lei on your nightstand so it will transport tropical sensuality into your dreams. And your dreams are beautiful. Nani is exquisite, and it's become one of my "top five" all-time favorites!

24 November, 2008