TucsonTrina's avatar
    TucsonTrina

Alien by Thierry Mugler

I received a 3 piece Alien coffret as a Mother's Day present from my husband. He said he searched high and low for the set, and it was a rare find.

Too bad he found it. It's just about the worst thing I have had the displeasure of owning and I have to make believe I actually like it.

The volume is way over the top. Even a tiny spritz makes a very lasting impression. And, oh! what an impression it is. I can not actually define the initial scent in terms of floral, green, aldehydic, because it was just so overpowering. I can tell you it was not very appealing to me, though.

After 5-10 minutes, the scent became a bit more familiar, but I couldn't quite recall what it was. After a few more minutes, I hit on it: FLORAL SCENTED RAID. Just like the stuff I use to kill the hornets. Argh!

As the scent continued to dry down, it became like a more powdery version of Floral Raid, til finally, it converted to a grape-ish scent.

This stuff is awful. I love my Angel perfumes, but this Mugler device has got to phone home.
    Beam me up, Scotty, and get me away from this Alien!

16 May, 2006