ubuandibeme's avatar

Daphne by Daphne Guinness

Incense, bitter orange and tuberose. There are SO many more notes than merely these three living within this fragrance, but these are the stars. By 'stars' I mean the strongest players in the mix that really stand out as main characters. Once Daphne is on the skin for awhile, my nose can't decide if it needs a little more of something, or a little less? Sort of like seasoning a sauce. When you've tasted it too many times and can't determine the best way to make it just perfect...this is how I feel about Daphne. If I had one wish for Daphne, I would wish for the advice of Maurice Roucel...as I'm quite certain he would know how to master the final touches. As it stands, Daphne is likeable, but I'm not craving a full bottle. If your tastes run in the direction of loving incense, bitter orange or tuberose - I'd recommend giving Daphne at least a test run.

06 September, 2010