evinick's avatar

Greece Greece

Cuir Venenum 03 by Parfumerie Generale

I instantly distinguished it (along with Cuir d’Iris and Cadjmere) from the whole PG line, as a very distinctive fragrance. I have the feeling that for the majority of the reviewers the word “Cuir” in it’s name seems to be the greatest problem or even a point of confusion, since it is definitely not a leather oriented scent. I can also add that it is neither poisonous as the latin word “vevenum” implicates. Nevertheless it is wonderful and extremely well made. I would describe it as a composition where hints of dry and slightly bitter leather are cleverly hidden beneath a dominating front row of burnt caramel, abstract fruity notes and musk. I also get this weird black beer note (detectable only up to the middle) which is very nice either you are a beer fan or not. Good lasting power and even better evolution on the skin. Highly recommended and suitable for both genders but I’m afraid not for the leather addicted ones.

21st January, 2010