purplebird7's avatar

Eau Lente by Diptyque

This came across as fairly masculine to me, the clove was dominant, and perhaps joined by some black pepper. I do like clove, but I prefer its sweet, fruity presentation in Coco, because that one is more feminine. I would recommend this one as a spicy scent for men, but it is too butch for me. For awhile, I considered crossing over into men's fragrances, but many of them are too different from what I am accustomed to wearing. I believe they are compositionally at odds with womens' fragrances, and it is unfair to judge them according to the same standards. This would be akin to asking a man to give high ratings to a vanilla-based women's fragrance that he would never wear, when he prefers lavendar and lemon. Therefore, I give it a neutral rating.

29 March, 2007