Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Brit Gold by Burberry

A great addition to the Brit family. I like the original well enough and love Brit Red with the rhubarb topnote. Gold is somewhere in between. It has the cool feel of Brit, so cool I almost detect anise, but I guess it might just be cool florals. Like the rest of the Burberry line, it has a distinctly "perfumey" quality, and that implies a certain coolness.
    Gold also has the gourmandy, spicy, rich basenotes of Red however. It's never too sweet or heavy, just a lovely, smooth oriental with vanilla and woods. I could swear I get a pinch of patchouli as well.
    I see Dolce Vita among the recommendations below, and I can definitely understand why. They share that quality of smooth, cosy, mature oriental, neither girly sweet nor elderly heavy.

06 July, 2007