Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Stephen Jones by Stephen Jones

I suppose this is the Comme des Garcons creation. My notes include "violet leaf" and "meteorite" too.

This is an exceedingly cold and metallic violet fragrance, more like a typical iris/orris fragrance than a typical sweet and powdery violet. It has that damp, dark cold of iris scents but feels "unnatural" as opposed to rooty or earthy - there's a sort of carrot-like accord in it but it's like a very clean and abstract carrot. I might get a hint of the "meteorite" and "magma" beside the metallic note that seems to be inherent in the violet, something a little sour/tangy/mineralic that reminds me slightly of the sickening Cire Trudon candle "Odeur de lune". It's very Comme des Garcons with its cold, synthetic, edgy notes. I just don't happen to appreciate cold, metallic iris and violet scents at all but I can see how this might appeal to someone else.

17 December, 2008