GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR's avatar

Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy

This is soooooo good. I get compliments on it all the time. I bought it blind after finding a used 3.3 oz bottle for like $10 and since then I must have wasted a quarter of it spraying myself around the house and before bed.

It's kind a spicy, cactusy candy scent. Quite sweet but not atrocious like Joop, or COtton Candy like BOdy Kouros. It actually manages to be sweet and still have alot of class and depth. Hard to describe.

It doesn't last that long on me, which is why I've also got the aftershave and shower gel and will be picking up the deodorant. The shower gel makes the best notes in it last longer and gives it more body somehow.

When you first apply it it's quite sharp and gritty and not altogether pleasant, and it actually took me a little while to appreciate it. But once it settles it's quite lovely.

25 December, 2006