GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR's avatar

Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès

There an interesting and in depth article on this at http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/050314fa_fact?050314fa_fact

Although I do agree with the reviews below that it's quite green and fresh, contrary to what everyone seems to say about it being sweet I find there is a predominant and strong note or combination of notes which make brings to mind bitter citronella.

It's interesting, and for some reason since I tried layering it with Body Kouros a couple of times as an experiment, I've come to enjoy it more on it's own and I'm beginning to apreciate it more and more.

Although I like to wear it to bed sometimes, I as of yet don't feel comfortable in it, and when I do wear it out, it has yet to evoke any compliments. Most comments are negative or neutral.

I much prefer Un Jardin en Méditerranée, which I find to be heavenly.

25 December, 2006