gupts's avatar

India India

Sandalo e The by Bois 1920

The opening is very zesty & sweet. Lemon & sugarcane like sweetness (found in Virgin Island Water). Soon emerges the rose with spices and lots of cumin. Cumin is not 'off putting' for me since I love Kingdon by Alexander Mcqueen. What follows next is quite surprising. I can immediately detect its uncanny similarity to Davidoff - Zino. I am shocked how similar this it to Zino. I am not mistaken. Anyone who has tried Zino, can verify my claim. This sums it up for me. Zino is available at a greatly discounted price and has great sillage and longevity. I'd rather buy that then spend my money on Sandalo. I wanted to try this because I thought it would be a nice sandalwood scent but I can't really identify any sandalwood in it.

Overall not a bad scent particularly the opening, which I think is fabulous. It's hard to guess that a scent with such a 'fresh' opening will go into this sort of drydown territory. Ofcourse no points for originality. If it wasn't for the beautiful opening notes, I'd have given it a negative.

06 March, 2009