Aiona's avatar

Jolie Madame by Pierre Balmain

What a sweet smell! I'm not big on florals, but this one is *not* a fruity-floral. It's just a floral to me. It opens much like Norell-and-other-70-like's fragrances (even though I see this one came out in 1953), with bergamot and something. . . maybe it's galbanum? So that first hour or so doesn't much distinguish itself from other perfumes. But after that hour, it becomes quite flowery, but not the irritating white flowers that I hate so much in heavy ones like Carolina Herrera by Carolina Herrera. It's some kind of light floral. Maybe lily of the valley? With something honeysuckle-like, but it can't be honeysuckle. Maybe it's the violet people mention in other reviews. In any case, I actually like it, which is rare for me (usually a floral hater). If I had to wear a floral, this might be one I would choose.

17 August, 2008