Aiona's avatar

Helmut Lang Men by Helmut Lang

For the first few minutes, it was overwhelmingly masculine. I don't know what it was. Vetiver? Ginger? Really sharp and earthy. If someone had been in the garden, digging in moist black dirt, about 6 inches down, they could have pulled me out of the ground. I smelled like a root vegetable.

But after maybe an hour or even less, those top notes were completely gone, and all I was left with was a faint smell of flowers and amber. Foetidus does list flowers in his review, so maybe I was smelling jasmine.

Not a lot of sillage, just a lovely drydown smell. Almost feminine. I like the dry down much better than the root vegetable part. I wish I could name the notes better, but I can definitely say what Helmut Lang is *not*.

Helmut Lang is definitely not a cool aquatic. And it is not a sillage monster.

Edit: My mistake. . . My review is for Cuiron pour Homme by Helmut Lang! Not Helmut Lang by Helmut Lang.

30th June, 2008