Aiona's avatar

Le Baiser du Dragon by Cartier

In theory, I should like this. In practice, I don't. Although I love amaretto scents, there was just too much patchouli for me to truly appreciate the other notes. I tend to not like scents with patchouli, as it reminds me of a medicine my paternal grandmother used to use. Also, after living in Berkeley for 5 years with the scent of patchouli everywhere, I got really tired of it.

For those who love patchouli, this may be a great fragrance to try. After about 4 hours, on me, the patchouli is still detectable up close, but in the sillage, it's more of an amber-vanilla-like scent. It didn't last very long on myself. Whereas most fragrances, I can still detect a whiff on my skin or maybe clothes at the end of the day, after 9 hours Le Baiser du Dragon was pretty much undetectable on me.

18th July, 2008