linnea's avatar

Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Muscs Koublaï Khän is my new favorite scent. I opened my decant and was initially shocked at how soft and sweet-smelling it seemed. I put it on and at first it was very light and unassuming, and then once it warmed on my skin, a humongous cumin note exploded. When the fragrance started opening up I thought, "Oh God...I can never wear this to work!" I smelled the cumin and was afraid that I would get a ton of funky cumin-type odor.

However, the scent has changed a lot on my skin after 20 minutes. Since then it's gotten richer and richer. There's a definite incense note on my skin, and the scent is just fabulous. It's not funky or musty at all, just sexy, spicy, and very exotic.

Someone here on basenotes posted something about, "Men smell like this all the time, but I think a woman might be embarrassed to smell like this." On me, it smells very nice. I am very pleased because I've got an entire bell jar of this stuff coming in the post, so I'm thrilled that it seems to work with my skin chemistry!

The drydown on MKK is really spectacular. It's almost caramelly-sweet musk that makes me feel like the most desirable woman on the planet! The fragrance just keeps blossoming and getting better and better on my skin. I feel VERY sorry for the folks whose skin chemistry made it smell like a urinal. On me, this fragrance is delightful and I wear Muscs Koublaï Khän every day.

02 December, 2006