Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Finally, I gave my self over to the much discussed MKK. I have often misdiagnosed fragrance, mostly due to not as yet fully trained nose. I don't know if my nose is now fully trained, or if that is possible, but I smell many things in MKK, which if you are not smelling, you are missing out on what has to be the most audacious fragrance I have ever tried.

Kouros gets a lot of flak and praise alike; the flak should be reserved for MKK. And while Rochas' Macassar is intense and quite an experience, it pales in comparison to MKK.

I smell fecal matter (not so clean anus maybe?) phlegm and halitosis (haven't brushed in a few days) as well as armpit/pubic folicles (that haven't been washed in days either). This is the first fragrance to give me a gag reflex, maybe because I kept sniffing to make sure I was smelling what I thought was coming across.

This is an experience not to be missed...but smell it once a year...to see what else you get.

28 April, 2010