catbirdptp's avatar

D&G L'Imperatrice 3 by Dolce & Gabbana

Wow. Some of the previous reviews were really harsh! D&G L'Imperatrice 3 is certainly a surprising scent which may have caused the terrible reactions. Looking at the simple sophisticated bottle and light pink/lavender liquid inside I thought it would be a very grown up scent. On the contrary, 3 is like the little rebellious sister of the Dolce and Gabbana bunch. I would not call it a complex or extremely impressive fragrance but it is fun. 3 is a very girly fragrance (the fact that it may have been marketed to men is ridiculous to me) because of the fruitiness of it. It really reminds me of a shampoo, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I think it smells like shampoo because of the way that all of the notes combine into one single fruity scent which is not muddled, making it smell clean and refreshing. This scent is very bright and almost sharp because of how strong the kiwi and grapefruit notes are. For all of these reasons, this scent might not appeal to everyone, especially people who only love powdery or woodsy orientals. But for these same reasons this may be a great scent for girls not ready to dive into the world of Chanel or Versace but ready to step back from the Escadas and body spritzes in their bathrooms to try something new. It is also a wonderful scent for people who need a perfume that is cheery and energizing. It is currently the dead of winter in my hometown and i really needed a spritz of something that would remind me of the summer and wake me up. 3 did just that, it reminded me of the sunny days of summer while still being a rather wearable fragrance for the winter time.

05 January, 2010