mikeperez23's avatar
    mikeperez23

Aqua Allegoria Winter Delice by Guerlain

The quintessential Christmas fragrance - the fir, pine and spices all add up to give off a dazzling interpretation of the smells of the holidays.

I must admit that I didn't grow up near a forest. But I have Christmas trees in my home during the holidays and I know what a live tree smells like (up close): the resins, the needles, sap. Winter Delice manages to capture that.

It also gives off an almost sour incense resin effect, after a comforting gingerbread accord fades. I think this is what makes it more unisex - and is what I love. But I would not recommend it to someone looking for an incense prominent scent.

To me, Winter Delice is so much more about the wood, the spice and the overall feeling of 'Christmas in a bottle.'

Hurry up and get yourself a bottle - this stuff is discontinued.

24 November, 2008