Tonyprince's avatar

Vetiver by Lorenzo Villoresi

Being a fan of both Yerbamate and Piper Nigrum, I thought I'd give several other Villoresis a try. I was expecting to favor either Spetzie or Incensi, but I surprised myself by being blown away by the Vetiver! It is much manlier than any other Villoresi. It's like being in the woods on an autumn night and lying face down in the mossy dirt and dying leaves while smelling someone's campfire burning off in the distance. The multiple wood notes in this really elevate it in my mind over MPG's Route du Vetiver. I'm currently hoarding the reminder of my sample for occasional sniffs and trying to wait until fall to purchase ... but it won't be easy. If Bois du Portugal is the ultimate civilized man's fragrance, LV Vetiver is the ultimate one for a man's less civilized side, and as such, I bet it would smell prety damn sexy under formal wear.

07 June, 2007