odysseusm's avatar

Tabac Blond by Caron

As a leather/oriental this scent is not at all my style. However, I can say that it is very attractive and quite striking. The opening is a dense cloud of sweet floral and leather notes. They have a classy, elegant, chic tone. The scent opens up and becomes more translucent. Iris notes provide a dry, slightly metallic counterpoint to the sweet vanilla and leather. At this point, the scent seems to me to be a masterpiece of design. There are amazing depths and contrasts at work. Certainly any leather fan must try this scent. Gradually, the iris becomes more prominent on my skin. That is not a note I enjoy I find its nutty, earthy tones get tiresome.
    Despite my personal tastes, I recognize the brilliance of this and give it a thumbs up.

13 April, 2010