odysseusm's avatar

Tangerine Vert by Miller Harris

This has a lovely citrus-herbal opening in the classic EDC style. I can’t pick out the individual citrus notes, they just register as ‘citrus’. I find this to be much different from Eau D’Orange Verte -- TV is more herbal-green. Marjoram is a mild herb: dusky and bit earthy. Those qualities are here, and they are continued in the mossy notes. Then, something interesting and somewhat perplexing happens for me. The scent develops an airy-fresh aspect: it is cool, spacious, ozonic. This might be the geranium interacting with the musk and moss. At times, the scent is pleasant and calming, at other times it is a bit synthetic (like powdered laundry detergent). I am not a fan of ozonic scents so I struggle through this phase. The moss is a longevity monster, it quietly maintains a presence for many hours. Because of the ozonic middle, I only give a neutral. For those who don’t mind this aspect, it will be a pleasant scent.

21st August, 2009