Heartwood's avatar
    Heartwood

Fleurs de Nuit by Badgley Mischka

This white floral smells both opulent and refined. Its sophistication suggests evening, but I think it would be perfect for a daytime wedding or a Sunday matinee at the theater. It wears like the fragrant equivalent to diamond stud earrings. I have trouble with many white florals, but this is satin smooth. It has a magnolia, bergamot, peach, jasmine thing going on similar to J'adore, and it is similarly lightweight, but J'adore works easily for almost any occasion (from business to baseball to Beethoven) whereas FdN is clearly a dressy scent. I think it's meant to be applied lavishly. There is also orange blossom; jasmine AND orange blossom are usually an unpleasant one-two punch on me, but they are tempered very nicely here. I think the amber is what lends it that close to the skin headiness and pulls everything together in a creamy, dreamy way to make it all work. I'm thinking it's full bottle worthy if only because it is almost something I normally can't wear, and I'm delighted that I can. And, okay, it's full bottle worthy because the bottle is gorgeous!

22 December, 2008