Sugandaraja's avatar

Ayalitta by Ayala Moriel

I find myself not quite sure what to think of this, but one thing is clear - it's very green! If you like green chypres, give this one a try for sure.

The bright, tangy, galbanum opening melds interestingly with a herbal background. It's a little discordant for my tastes, but not offensively so, and in the heart it becomes a little smoother with well-meshed florals sweetening it some. Despite the pyramid, I smell neroli more distinctly in the heart, and there is a nice mixture of floral, citrus, and green. The base is lightly mossy, but in general this is a fairly ephemeral fragrance, with most of its "oomph" in the top and heart.

I'm not quite sure if I like this, but it's got me interested, which is more than enough for a thumbs up from me

Edited to add: having tried the original Coty chypre that started this whole genre, I must add that this fragrance is the closest, out of possibly hundreds of chypres I've smelled, to the one that started it all. ( I happen to prefer this! )

22 September, 2009 (Last Edited: 29 January, 2010)