Morgaine's avatar

Un Jardin Après La Mousson by Hermès

This is one I have mixed feelings about. I have liked it from the moment it first came out, and have been among its staunchest defenders: "what watermelon? I get no watermelon!" - only lovely, cooling spices (cardamom, lemon grass, maybe a tiny bit of clove and nutmeg) after an opening of what has to be the most convincing ginger note in a long time. Fresh, juicy, not overwhelmingly sweet.
    During the summer, I revisited it every once in a while, content with my observations still ringing true; cool, spicy ginger sorbet. After forgetting about this one and getting on with my perfume education, I recently found the sample again and put some on my wrist. Watermelon. Yikes. I'm not sure if it is the change in temperature or humidity, but it ruined the composition for me. I'll have to try it in warmer weather again, but I'll approach it with trepidation now.

15 December, 2008