Sunsetspawn's avatar

Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

The opening is wonderful. It's very smooth and watery, quite blue," with a sweet-ish cucumber note. Reminds me of walking along the beach in the early evening, a slight breeze blowing, next to a blue ocean...

...and then some jackass runs up and hits me in the face with a pizza."

- Shaheen

This review sums up my feelings EXACTLY. The basil note is atrocious and loud. I suppose the only thing I can add is that it's also plastic-y. I remember trying this many years ago before I met basenotes, and when I finally did read the reviews here the pizza comment really stuck out (because it was spot on). Now I've tried Polo Blue yet again, and it has that same, off putting smell just dominating the entire fragrance. I've heard that Polo Explorer may be discontinued, and that's a damn shame when drek like Blue is taking up valuable counter space. RL has some good offerings, but this ain't one of 'em.

10th September, 2010