HDS1963's avatar

Rose d'Homme by Les Parfums de Rosine

I'm going to fly in the face of some of my esteemed colleagues here and give this a big BIG thumbs up.

How nice for a perfume house to make a rose fragrance for men that pushes a heady rose note to the fore. I don't know for certain (as it's not listed on their website) but I would swear this a Bulgarian rose accord. It comes in EdP concentration and I disagree that it disappears quickly - on my skin it projects well and lasts well too.

There is a blend of sandalwood here which is expertly done, never over-powering the rose which gets centre stage throughout the drydown. What I love most about this fragrance is how smooth and well rounded it is. This rose has no thorns, no sticky out bits to try and make it more macho. It's a rose fragrance from start to finish, smooth, opulent and indescribably beautiful.

I actually prefer this to C&S Dark Rose which is so many other things aside from just rose. Rose D'Homme is a rose fragrance for men and as they say in adverts in the UK, it does exactly what it says on the tin (or bottle to be exact).

06 March, 2009