HDS1963's avatar

Elixir by Penhaligon's

I am going to fly in the face of the previous reviews by disagreeing completely with them.

I've lived with this fragrance since way before it was released and have grown to love it.

It's not thin by any stretch of the imagination, nor is particularly peppery. Take the richness of Gucci Homme I and mix it with Hammam Bouquet and you get a close approximation of Elixir.

It has a rich woods and incense body to it sweetened by the Turkish Rose notes of HB, which is where it eventually dries down to. A fine rose based scent which a touch of incense. The far drydown on this is beautiful.

No one fragrance on the market directly equates to this. A fine fragrance which I will continue to enjoy greatly. When my current bottle runs out will I get another? Oh yes.

15 December, 2008