Johnson73's avatar

Millésime Impérial by Creed

Millesime Imperial is a bit difficult for me to review. The sample that convinced me to buy a full bottle and the actual bottle I purchased are clearly the same scent, but the two developed very differently on my skin. In both cases, however, Millesime Imperial opens with wonderful, rich, melon accord with a bit of salt water thrown in. This top is the best I've experienced in any fragrance as of this writing. As the scent dries down, it becomes warmer until it eventually settles into the typical Creed ambergris base. So, why the neutral? The top and heart notes in my sample lasted a good few hours on me - after three or so, I could still smell waves of fresh and slightly warm melon periodicallly. However, in my bottle, the scent went straight to the base after a mere half hour, and I don't find the ambergris base particularly compelling; indeed, it even seems somewhat out of place in a scent that is otherwise fruity and slightly aquatic. This could easily be a thumbs up if I could consistently find bottles similar to my sample, but as the one I purchased was one from the newest batch, I can't in good faith give Millesime Imperial more than a neutral at this time.

12 August, 2009